Oak Pointe Church (OPC) of Novi, MI partnered with Campus Crusade for Christ-Zambia in 2003 to begin operation of a small orphanage located in Ndola, Zambia. The Living Hope International Board (LHI) was formed in August 2006 as a 501(c)(3) by several members of OPC to take control and grow the orphanage. LHI officially took responsibility from OPC in January 2008. LHI is registered with the Zambian Social Welfare Department.
The vision of Living Hope International is to build Christian communities for orphans in poverty stricken countries, developing future Christian leaders for the glory of God.
Our mission is to share the living hope of Jesus Christ by creating communities that provide love, shelter and education for orphaned children, who will pass on the hope they have received in their youth to the next generation.
- These communities will consist of orphan housing for 100 children, a school which will incorporate an equal number of under-privileged children from the surrounding area, a church, a medical clinic and a vocational training center all of which will provide opportunities to grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
- We will create a mentorship program between local families and orphaned children in order for the orphaned children to learn about Zambian family life.
- Our communities will reach out to the surrounding area through economic empowerment, HIV/AIDS education and spiritual revival.
- The vocational training center will operate as a small business providing jobs and training local residents in productive skills.
- Each LHI community is designed to be economically self-sustaining once completed.
Our Current Status
LHI has begun construction on 40 acres of land 10 miles south of Ndola. Approximately 25 acres will be used for agriculture to provide economic support for the community.